Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!


I remember distinctly the Halloween book we had as children - and my Mom reading to us the 1st poem below.It was full of great poetry and cute cartoon drawings of busy Halloween parties attended by ghosts, ghouls, and goblins. It has skeletons on parade and jack o' lanterns. I have this book somewhere in my house but I can't find it tonight. I think about it most years - but haven't yet had a chance to sit down and blog about it.

Until now!

Here are a few of my favorite poems:







COUNTDOWN
There are ten ghosts in the pantry,
There are nine upon the stairs,
There are eight ghostes in the attic,
There are seven on the chairs,
There are six within the kitchen,
There are five along the hall,
There are four upon the ceiling,
There are three upon the wall,
There are two ghosts on the carpet,
Doing things that ghosts will do,
There is one ghost right behind me who is oh so quiet.........BOO!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments: